Spend Two Full Weeks in Georgia with Summit.
Perched on top of Lookout Mountain, students experience the beauty of Covenant College and the splendor of the panoramic mountain views. Our Georgia training events have lectures on the difficult topics and questions you face. Mealtimes and open forum Q&As with the speakers allow you to ask your follow-up questions, as well as during small group discussions with peers.
When not in class, you’ll be soaking up the richness of campus life and all the off-campus adventures that the Tennessee River and Chattanooga have to offer. Paddleboarding, white-water rafting, rock climbing, and downtown coffee shops await you and the new friends you will make while here.
Lookout Mountain, Georgia
Covenant College—the campus in the clouds—just miles away from Chattanooga, TN.
June 30–July 12
July 14–July 26
What To Expect Each Day
Every morning starts with morning traditions: morning devotional, prayer, and Amazing Grace.
Every afternoon students enjoy a few hours of free time. After dinner, each evening session begins with live worship and ends with a classroom session or small groups.
Activities will include on and off-campus options for students. Keep scrolling for a full list of activities. Students will choose and pay for each activity when they arrive for their session. If there is an additional cost for activities, this will be listed closer to the session dates.
Summit isn’t only about classes. We plan plenty of fun adventures! Every afternoon you’ll have the opportunity to connect with others by playing sports, games, going off-campus, or maybe taking a nap! There’s something for every interest at Lookout Mountain.
Students will sign up and pay for activities during the conference. This is so that every student has an equal opportunity to sign up and so the students can coordinate sign-ups with any new friends they might make during the session. Additionally, our conference is not set up to accept cash payments, so students will need a card in-person to pay for activities. A debit/credit card works best, but something like a Visa gift card will also work.
Summit is a “cashless program.” Please bring a credit, debit, or VISA gift card to pay for activities, books, apparel, and other incidentals. $50-$100 is recommended for bookstore purchases. $100-$150 is recommended for optional off-site activities.
- L2 Kayaking / Paddle Boarding, $45 – 18+ Waiver, 17- Waiver
- Paintball, $25 – Waiver
- High Point Rock Climbing, $25 – Waiver
- White Water Rafting, $50 – Waiver
- Rock City – $13
- Lookout Mountain Trail Hike to Point Park – $10
Covenant College will offer a scholarship of $1,000 per year to any new student who attends the Summit Student Conference and then enrolls as a student at Covenant. The scholarship will award $1,000 per year for up to four years as long as academic standards are met in line with this scholarship.
Can I request my roommate?
If you would like to request a roommate for your session, you can do this during the registration process.
Is there a waitlist process for sessions?
Yes, we do have waitlists! If you create an application in our registration portal (click here) you can select any session. You will then automatically be added to the corresponding waitlists with no need to make a payment. If a seat becomes available, you will be emailed immediately with a time-sensitive link to accept and pay for the available seat.
Students may travel to Lookout Mountain, Georgia by car or plane. The closest airport is the Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport. However, Covenant College is located within driving distance of several other airports. Below is a list of those airports, and the approximate driving time between each city and Covenant College.
- Groome Transportation provides a shuttle service between Chattanooga and these other airports
- Summit provides shuttle transportation to and from the Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport and the Groome Dropoff Location in Chattanooga
Flight Information: If you choose to fly into Atlanta or Nashville, the best option is to use Groome Transportation ground shuttle from one of the following airports to Chattanooga.
Airports Serving Lookout Mountain, Georgia
- Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport
- 30 minutes from Covenant College
- Eastern Time Zone
- Nashville International Airport
- 2 hours 16 minutes from Covenant College
- Central Time Zone
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- 2 hours 22 minutes from Covenant College
- Eastern Time Zone
Arrival Times: Please make airline reservations to arrive at Covenant College on the first Sunday of your session between Noon and 5:00 PM. If your flight is delayed or if you arrive after 5:00 PM, please call the front desk at 719-685-2876.
Departure Times: Please make arrangements to depart on the morning of the second Saturday of your session. Summit shuttle vans run to Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport and the Chattanooga Groome Headquarters from 4:00 AM-10:00 AM on that morning.
Driving Information: If you drive your own car, please plan to keep your vehicle on campus throughout the conference. If you have trouble finding Summit staff when you arrive, please call Summit Ministries at 719-685-2876.
Phone Number: If you need to contact staff on-site, call 719-685-2876 to directly connect with our team.
The Program Director of Summit reserves the right to dismiss any student whose influence and/or conduct becomes in any way detrimental to the best interest of the other students.
No refund will be made for absences, dismissals, or withdrawals before the end of your session, except in cases on doctor’s orders, in which the remaining tuition may be refunded.
If you need to contact staff on-site call 719-685-2876 to directly connect with our team.
What to Wear
The way we dress is a reflection of our personality, culture, and background. At Summit, we encourage individual expression and creativity. However, we also have found that the following guidelines help set an atmosphere of respect for all of our faculty, staff, and fellow students.
Shirts and tops
- Please do not wear halter tops, spaghetti straps, or tops that show midriff or cleavage
- Please make sure all undergarments are covered
- Please only wear clothes without offensive words and images
Shorts & pants
- Shorts are welcome as long as they have at least a 4-inch inseam
- Dresses or skirts must fall no shorter than 4-inches above the knee
- Classroom: bring casual or dress casual clothes acceptable for an educational setting
- Recreation time: make sure to bring shorts, t-shirts, and a swimsuit for outdoor activities
- Swimwear: Men please wear swim shorts, and women please wear a one-piece or two-piece swimsuit that covers your midsection and cleavage
- Graduation: wear semi-formal clothes (i.e. khakis, ties, blazers, dresses)
What to Pack
- Bring all bedding and linens
- Bible and devotional materials
- Classroom and graduation attire
- Sports clothes and swimsuit
- Closed-toed shoes for some of our activities
- Personal ID & copy of your insurance card
- Hat and sunscreen
- Water bottle
- Performance night props and instruments (optional)
- Laundry detergent
- Something plaid to wear (optional)
- Towels, washcloths, bedding (twin bed XL), and pillow
- ENO type Hammock (optional)
- Rain Jacket
- Bug spray
Summit is a “cashless program.” Please bring a credit, debit, or VISA gift card to pay for activities, books, apparel, and other incidentals. $50-$100 is recommended for bookstore purchases. $100-150 is recommended for optional off-site activities.
What to Leave at Home
- Weapons of any kind
- Vaping and marijuana products
- Valuables — rooms can be locked, but you are responsible for your belongings
- Laptop — A notebook will be provided so we ask that you leave your personal computers at home
Communication & Technology
Cellphones are permitted, though no texting or talking is allowed during classroom time. We also have an 11 pm curfew, so no use of phones is permitted after curfew.
To receive letters or boxes while at Summit, use the following address:
The Covenant College dining services staff can accommodate most food allergies including gluten, dairy, soy, and nuts. Please contact us if you have special dietary needs.
Laundry facilities are available on campus. Washers and dryers are coin operated ($1.50/load), so please bring quarters for the machines. Also, bring your own laundry detergent.