Media: Video Production Internship
The narratives we consume influence our desires and shape our imaginations. Our beliefs are built on the stories we consider true. What stories are you telling? In a culture saturated with mediocre, false, and distracting narratives, we believe that well-told, intentional stories can support a biblical worldview and reveal God’s truth. At Summit, we aim to inspire and cultivate a more complete understanding of God through visual mediums. In every project, we hone in on how to tell stories in relational and meaningful ways, using the tools of lighting, lenses, and movement (to name a few) to sharpen our message. Video production interns join Summit’s culture of creativity, working alongside a media team dedicated to excellence and growth in every artistic endeavor. Furthering education, spiritual development, hands-on practice, feedback, and mentoring are just a few of the rhythms each intern partakes in throughout the summer.
As a part of the media team, video production interns will have the opportunity to build experience and further their skills as cinematographers, producers, editors, and directors. Every intern will own at least one project, guiding it through the whole filmmaking process – pre-production, production, and post-production – in addition to assisting with numerous other projects.
Reports to: Isaac Morse, Video Production Specialist
Location: Summit Headquarters, Manitou Springs, CO. Interns live on-site in provided housing.
Department: Ministry Services
Hours: 40 hours per week, overtime as needed
Compensation: $14.42 per hour. Please note: $275 per month for meals and $175 per month in rent will be deducted from pay.
Dates: May 13-August 30, 2023. If you need flexibility around school dates or for other scheduling conflicts, please note that in your internship application.
- Assist in accomplishing Summit’s video production goals.
- Take responsibility for producing video projects and leading them to completion by walking through the steps of pre-production, creating schedules and shot lists, assigning shoots, conducting interviews, keeping up with media management and editing, and regularly checking in with Summit’s Video Team.
- Operate cameras for recording lectures and live streaming events. Learn the role of technical directing in a live production multi-camera environment.
- Be present and always looking to document Summit experiences from new ways and unique perspectives. A camera should never be far from your reach.
- Handle media in a responsible, organized way that ensures not losing footage and maintaining the established organizational systems.
- Must be at least 18 years old by internship start date
- Eagerness to learn, both in a group teaching setting and through specific feedback
- Familiarity with operating cinema, DSLR, or mirrorless cameras
- Experience editing in Davinci Resolve
- Adept at creative problem-solving, acting as a team player, willingness to be flexible, and ability to manage projects and meet deadlines
Please send any questions regarding this internship to Isaac Morse: firstname.lastname@example.org