Product Management Internship
The Product Management Internship will provide hands-on learning in the areas of inventory management, customer service, and the best marketing and sales practices for in-store retail management. The primary responsibility for this position will be to oversee all aspects of the Summit Bookstore under the direction of the Product Specialist. Other duties include various supporting tasks for the Publishing & Content Group.
The ideal candidate for this internship is committed to professional growth and is attentive to detail. Through independent thinking and creative problem solving the candidate is encouraged to suggest projects and processes that can improve the Summit Bookstore. Bringing insightful ideas to the team, this team member will work faithfully both independently and on a team. This team member must be willing to work on all projects that help the team test and develop new strategies to expand Summitʼs reach and distribution of Christian Worldview resources. This position is split between office and in-store work. Daily professional development, education, spiritual development, hands-on practice, and regular feedback are integral parts of the program.
Location: Summit Headquarters, Manitou Springs, CO. Interns live on-site in provided housing.
Department: Program Services
Hours: 40 hours per week
Compensation: $13.65+ (DOE)/Please note: $275 per month for meals and $150 per month in rent will be deducted from pay.
Dates: May 9-August 26, 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in accomplishing Summitʼs bookstore resource sales goals.
- Master stocking, organization, and customer care processes for the on-site bookstore.
- Engage with customers regularly creating a welcoming and informative environment in the bookstore.
- Advocate for the bookstore in all areas of the summer program, including in daily conversations with students and summer staff.
- Creative and informative announcements to conference attendees regarding books and other materials is essential.
- Keep the bookstore and back stock tidy and clean at all times.
- Assist the Publishing and Content Group in administrative tasks such as data cleanup, order and customer entry, and product information accuracy checks.
- Manage work schedule between the bookstore and in-ffice hours and projects.
- Communicate regularly with internal staff to aid in smooth process execution.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Eager to learn through training and receiving feedback.
- Innovative problem solver, flexible, attentive to detail, and independent thinker.
- Able to manage a detailed schedule and meet deadlines in an organized way.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships on a team through strong character and mature interpersonal skills.
- Desire to be introduced to and learn a wide range of tasks, programs, and strategies.
- Willing and able to move up to 50lbs for stocking, storage, and relocation of books.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a plus.
Please send any questions regarding this internship to Elli Ramirez: firstname.lastname@example.org.