Product Management Internship
Business Administration, Advertising, Finance, Project Management, and Customer Care.
Summit Ministries is seeking a Bookstore Intern. This role will provide hands-on experience in the product and publishing industry. Interns will gain experience in retail administration, product procurement and customer service. The internʼs primary responsibility will be to oversee all aspects of the Summit Bookstore under the direction of the Product Specialist. Secondary responsibilities will include supporting tasks for the Publishing & Content Group, in their efforts to develop innovative print and web based products. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in business administration and the publishing industry. The candidate will be expected to exercise independent thinking and creative problem solving during their everyday tasks.
The ideal candidate will bring insightful ideas for product presentation and business administration, especially when running the on-site retail bookstore. This team member must be hard working and willing to help the Publishing & Content team expand Summitʼs creation and distribution of products. Work hours are split between office and in-store work. Professional development, spiritual development, and mentorship are integral parts of the program—interns should expect opportunities for holistic development.
Reports to: Elli Ramirez, Product Specialist
Location: Summit Headquarters, Manitou Springs, CO
Department: Program Services Department – Publishing & Content Group
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time, Mandatory On-Site: 13 May 2024—30 August 2024 (Preference will be given to candidates with the most availability)
Compensation: $14.42 hourly ($275 deducted per month for meals and $175 deducted per month for rent)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help Summit meet its bookstore sales goals.
- Master retail administration in the onsite bookstore: product management, financial reporting, and customer care.
- Create a welcoming and gracious atmosphere for the on-site bookstore through exceptional customer care.
- Advocate for the success of the bookstore in all areas of the summer program, including in daily conversations with students and summer staff.
- Creative classroom announcements that encourage student engagement.
- Assist the Publishing and Content Group in administrative tasks such as data cleanup, order and customer entry, and product information accuracy checks.
- Manage work schedule between the bookstore and in-office hours and projects.
- Communicate regularly with internal staff to aid in smooth process execution.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Eager to learn through training and receiving feedback.
- Innovative problem solver, flexible, attentive to detail, and comfortable working independently.
- Able to manage a detailed schedule and meet deadlines in an organized way.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships on a team through strong character and mature interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to grow in public speaking skills through practice addressing the classroom of students.
- Desire to be introduced to and learn a wide range of tasks, programs, and strategies.
- Willing and able to move up to 50lbs for stocking, storage, and relocation of books.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Please send any questions regarding this internship to Elli Ramirez: email@example.com.