Blogs - Summit Announcements
August 07, 2013
Celebrate C.S. Lewis with Summit in Oxford
If you're going to attend just one event on C.S. Lewis, choose Summit's "C.S. Lewis: Then and Now" event this October in Oxford, England. You'll have 5-star accommodations and meals in this historic city. The setting will be intimate — 30 attendees, not hundreds. You'll personally interact with speakers and get to know everyone on the trip.
We'll also have:
An Amazing Speaker Lineup
- Alister McGrath and John Lennox — brilliant scientists and theologians who have debated Richard Dawkins and spoken to audiences of thousands all over the world.
- Walter Hooper, the personal secretary of C.S. Lewis whose delightful stories make you feel like you're sitting in the room with Lewis himself.
- Lewis experts Michael Ward and Jeanette Spears and cultural commentators Theodore Dalrymple (author of Life at the Bottom) and Peter S. Williams, and our Summit faculty.
- A Christian history tour of Oxford and a stroll along Addison's Walk in Magdalen College, where C.S. Lewis trusted Christ after a night of conversation with J.R.R. Tolkien.
- A personal tour of C.S. Lewis's home, The Kilns.
- A performance of the legendary London staging of Les Miserables at The Queen's Theatre.
- Evensong at the stunning Christ Church Cathedral, where John Locke, John Wesley, and William Penn once occupied the pews.
"C.S. Lewis: Then and Now" takes place October 6-12. There are only a few spots left, so you'll want to make your reservations as soon as possible. For more information, click here.
To register, click here.
This fall marks the 50th anniversary of C.S. Lewis' death. Experience it in Oxford — Summit friends, memorable tours, stimulating conversation, and a balanced schedule offering great lectures but also plenty of time to relax and stroll about the City of Spires.