We begin with the fundamentals of storytelling, not gimbals or 8K workflows. Compelling stories told creatively and proficiently can move people’s emotions, shape their view of the world, and transport them to a place they’ve never been. It’s that skill, not a killer drone shot, that will put you in demand as a filmmaker.
This is a paid, on-location internship at Summit Ministries’ Headquarters in beautiful Manitou Springs, Colorado. Daily education, one-on-one mentoring, spiritual development, and regular feedback are a major part of the program. During the internship, each intern will work on multiple videos, taking responsibility for a project and guiding it through pre-production, production, and post-production processes. The ideal intern should be passionate about filmmaking, diligent, eager to receive critique, and a team player.
Summit’s video internship was such a blessing to me! The staff was dedicated to teaching, inspiring, and motivating the interns to become great storytellers. This program not only gave me hands-on training in all areas of production, but it also trained me to become a leader. I was put in charge of my own projects and was even trained to lead live, on-camera productions.
– Linda, Summit Video Intern
I grew exponentially as a filmmaker at Summit. The video staff took the time each morning to teach my fellow interns and me. This, coupled with a fast-paced production schedule, meant that we were putting into practice what we learned on real-world projects.
– Luke, Summit Video Intern
- Assist in accomplishing Summit’s video production goals for the summer
- Take responsibility for producing specific video projects and leading them to completion
- Camera operate and technical direct for events and lectures in a live production environment
- Familiarity with operating DSLR’s and camcorders
- Basic knowledge of editing in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adept at creative problem-solving
- Able to manage projects and meet deadlines
- Organizational skills and a willingness to collaborate with a team
- Willingness to receive feedback and input