“Summit Ministries exists to equip and support rising generations to embrace God’s truth and champion a biblical worldview.”
Every position with Summit is essential to the ministry and its fulfillment of our mission statement. Therefore, every employee of Summit must be a Christ-follower who has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Every employee must be able and willing to share the Gospel and biblical worldview and to lead and/or participate in devotions, exhortation, and prayer.
Ministry Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Video Production Manager
PAY RANGE: $24.00-25.30 per hour
Summary of Position
The Senior Event Technology Specialist is responsible for managing AVL technology, developing skilled technicians, and sweating the many details that go into creating excellent and seamless in-person and live streaming events to further Summit’s mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plays an active role in Summit events through planning event technology needs, logistics, and execution.
- Understands the purpose of an event and uses all available resources to creatively make it a success, including speaking into the event flow, look and feel of the set design, and overall experience.
- Additional logistics include hiring contractors, designing detailed event show flows, equipment rental, building load lists, schematics, and input/output lists, as needed.
- Takes ownership of the Summit Hotel Classroom AVL systems. Maintains existing equipment, troubleshoots and services problematic equipment, and designs, installs, or manages the installation of new systems.
- Stays up-to-date with industry trends and best practices, and works alongside the Video Production Manager to budget for and purchase new equipment to ensure Summit systems stay current with innovations.
- Researches and implements a system for tracking locations, quantity, and status of AVL equipment.
- Available for designated on-call times during events to assist with troubleshooting.
- Creatively sets the tone for Summit’s audio style across events, streams, and podcasts.
- Gives feedback to audio technicians and editors to improve the quality of Summit’s audio mixes across the board.
- Builds out the technology and design for an on-site podcasting studio, ensuring a high quality, flexible, and efficient ongoing operation.
- Works with editors for a rapid delivery of finished recordings.
- May hire intern(s) as needed to assist with AVL for the increased seasonal event needs.
- Trains and mentors teams of temporary staff and/or interns in the essentials of AV for technician roles in both online and in-person Student Conferences.
- Works closely with individuals and teams to assess their skill level, provide regular training and feedback, and encourage their professional and holistic growth.
- Works alongside the video team, including providing input on set design, creatives, running audio on shoots, and assisting with overall audio mix.
- Develops best practices and processes for event technology.
- Coordinates with Summit Properties Group and Hospitality Team to host outside groups, including AV needs.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- This is a specialist level position. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Ideally the candidate will have an undergraduate degree, or a minimum of four years of event technology experience.
- Project management and experience working with and leading teams is desired.
Skills and Qualifications
- Mature Christian, grounded in the Word and Biblical worldview.
- Skill and experience in various aspects of AVL production and event technology.
- Technical competence with a wide variety of AVL equipment and audio editing tools.
- Able to keep up with multiple events and projects simultaneously.
- Able to keep with and prioritize multiple concurrent events and projects.
- Able to operate effectively under deadlines and pressure.
- High level of responsibility, excellence, and attention to detail.
- Able to troubleshoot and problem solve in a sequential manner.