Media: Photography Internship
Every photograph holds a memory, a moment – a feeling – frozen in time. These memories remind us of who we were, who we are, or who we want to be. Ultimately, photographs tell a story. The things we see and the images we keep motivate us, and the stories those images tell have the power to shape our desires and remind us of what is true and beautiful. At Summit we aim to inspire and cultivate a more complete understanding of God the visual mediums. In every project, we hone in on how to tell stories and capture meaningful moments (both big and small) in a cohesive way, using the tools of lighting, lenses, and composition (to name a few) to sharpen our message. A photography intern for Summit is always present, capturing the Summit experience not only through student conferences but through all Summit programs. Interns frame their images in a way that tells a story of connection and truth, seeking to shoot images in unique ways with an eye toward future marketing pieces. Daily education, spiritual development, hands-on practice, feedback, and mentoring are just a few of the rhythms every intern takes part in throughout the summer. Applicants should already be well-versed in photography and eager to apply their visual skills to the Summit context. Interns will partake in shooting product images, portraits, and other special projects, as well as curating images to be used daily for social media posts.
Reports to: Isaac Morse, Video Production Specialist
Location: Summit Headquarters, Manitou Springs, CO. Interns live on-site in provided housing.
Department: Ministry Services
Hours: 40 hours per week, overtime as needed
Compensation: $13.65 /Please note: $275 per month for meals and $150 per month in rent will be deducted from pay.
Dates: May 9-August 26, 2023. If you need flexibility around school dates or for other scheduling conflicts, please note that in your internship application.
- Primary photographer for Summit events during the summer, covering Student Conferences (both in-person and online), as well as other events. Shooting for other projects and marketing campaigns, as assigned.
- Completely confident with the technical aspects of photography so as to be able to focus on capturing strong, relational images that tell Summit’s story visually.
- Meet with members of Summit’s marketing group to meet discuss specific photo needs for the upcoming year, including capturing candid photos and setting up intentional photo shoots for marketing campaigns.
- Provide photos for social media posts on a frequent basis. Images are often shot, edited, and posted on the same day.
- Maintain and keep up-to-date Summit’s existing process for organizing, tagging, and uploading photos.
- Research current photography trends and campaigns, and present ideas for how Summit can improve utilization of photography.
- Meet weekly with manager for feedback, planning, and problem-solving.
- Must be at least 18 years old by internship start date
- Familiarity with operating Canon DSLR’s or mirrorless cameras
- Basic knowledge of post-production workflow in Adobe Bridge and editing in Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop
- Adept at creative problem-solving, able to manage time well, responsible for leading projects, and able to work within deadlines
- Able to travel and operate independently, as needed
- Willing to receive feedback and input
Please send any questions regarding this internship to Isaac Morse: email@example.com