Media: Event Technology Internship
The event technology intern at Summit is given the opportunity to build experience and further their skills in live event production through managing AVL (Audio, Video, Lighting) technology, learning the different roles involved, and sweating the many details that go into creating excellent and seamless in-person and live streaming events.
We believe that events are a unique and powerful way for people to engage with the ministry by making meaningful connections with faculty members and peers. Each event poses an opportunity to partner with the presenters to ensure that the message is effective and inspires action – not just by what is presented, but by how it is presented. We strive to make strong, intentional decisions in audio, video, lighting, and set design to best communicate Summit’s mission in creative and compelling ways.
Working closely with Summit’s Video Team, each intern takes part in daily education, spiritual development, lots of hands-on practice, and regular feedback. During the internship, the intern will learn the in’s and out’s of what makes essential AVL equipment tick, and develop confidence in each tech position of live event technology, building up to having the role of producer during an event. The environment is energetic, relational, and fast-paced.
Reports to: Mitchel Morse, Event Technology Specialist
Location: Summit Headquarters, Manitou Springs, CO. Interns live on-site in provided housing.
Department: Ministry Services
Hours: 40 hours per week, overtime as needed
Compensation: $14.40/Please note: $275 per month for meals and $175 per month in rent will be deducted from pay.
Dates: May 13-August 30, 2023. If you need flexibility around school dates or for other scheduling conflicts, please note that in your internship application.
- Check in regularly and work closely with Event Technology Specialist, working together to accomplish Summit’s live event production goals.
- Assist in preparing for live events by creating schedules, diagrams, and pull lists.
- Familiarizing themselves with the positions of audio tech, technical director, graphics tech, stage manager, camera operator, and producer, with the goal of being able to step into any role as needed.
- Assist in the setting up, recording, and post-production for podcasts.
- Provide practical training and feedback to Summer Staff on best practices for running AVL during Summit’s Student Conferences.
- Play a major role in a full AVL system build-out in a time-compressed environment, including load-in, configuration, testing/troubleshooting, and operating the equipment during the event.
- Assist Event Technology Specialist in managing AVL equipment, including troubleshooting, inventory management, and new AVL builds as needed.
- Handle media in a responsible, organized way that ensures not losing recordings and maintaining the established systems.
- Must be at least 18 years old by internship start date
- Eagerness to learn – both in a group setting and through specific feedback
- Familiarity with basic live event and streaming AVL equipment
- Adept at creative problem-solving, able to manage time well, responsible for teaching others, and able to work within deadlines
- Able to travel and operate independently, as needed
Please send any questions regarding this internship to Mitchel Morse: email@example.com