“Summit Ministries cultivates rising generations to resolutely champion a biblical worldview.”
Every position with Summit is essential to the ministry and its fulfillment of our mission statement. Therefore, every employee of Summit must be a Christ follower who has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Every employee must be able and willing to share the Gospel and biblical worldview and to lead and/or participate in devotions, exhortation and prayer.
PROGRAMS SUPPORT SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: National Director Partner Development
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Non-exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
To be the primary contact for the Programs Department in communications with parents, students, churches, schools and ministries regarding Summit Student Conferences and other program activities. Deepen current relationships by proactively providing comprehensive customer support and develop new relationships through a consultative approach. Exhibit an enthusiastic customer oriented attitude and a passion to help others.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond promptly to all inquiries with current or prospective customers via incoming calls or emails.
- Handle and resolve customer complaints in the best interest of both the customer and Summit.
- Maintain understanding of Programs services and standards to enable knowledgeable answers to all inquiries.
- Oversee room assignment process for all student conference sessions. May require on site attendance at start of non CO locations.
- Develop, maintain, and grow the Rep Program to increase marketing and recruitment initiatives.
- Collaborate with Program team on strategic plans and visionary change.
- Evaluate situations and engage in ongoing dialogue to move prospects forward to become partners or customers for Summit Programs.
- Maintain accurate records of interactions with customers via NetSuite CRM.
- Participate in outgoing call campaigns periodically throughout the year.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure consistent customer communications and service.
- Recognize, document and inform supervisor regarding trends in calls (comments, inquiries, complaints, etc.)
- Attend non-Summit conferences and other Summit promotional events as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS DESIRED:
- Mature Christian, grounded in the Word and biblical worldview with a passion for Summit’s vision and mission
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Prior experience with Summit student conferences, summer staff, or Summit Semester is a high priority.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience.
- Must be customer focused and enjoy relationship building via phone and email communications.
- Organizational skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Possesses critical thinking skills and creative problem resolution skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, self-motivated and a proactive problem solver
- Strong work ethic and be a team player.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office and Internet/database literate.
- Up to 10% travel may be involved during Summit conference seasons, typically May through October.