Summit’s mission is to equip and support rising generations to embrace God’s truth and champion a biblical worldview.
Every position with Summit Ministries is essential to the ministry and its fulfillment of our mission. Therefore, every employee of Summit must be a Christ follower who (1) has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, (2) wholeheartedly agrees with Summit Ministries’ statements of faith and convictions, and (3) is actively growing in understanding and articulating the principles in these statements. Every employee must be able and willing to share the Gospel and Biblical worldview and to lead and/or participate in devotions, exhortation, and prayer.
Maintenance Technician I
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, non-exempt
PAY RANGE: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
SUMMARY OF POSITION
As a member of the Maintenance Team, performs property improvement and maintenance work of all buildings, grounds, and equipment in a manner that facilitates the mission and purpose of Summit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As needed, perform a wide variety of general building maintenance repairs and services coordinated by the Director of Properties and Maintenance Supervisor. The following are examples:
- Install light bulbs, replace outlets, switches, cover plates, and complete other minor electrical repairs.
- Complete basic plumbing repairs such as replacing shower heads, fixing leaks, fixing toilets, repairing or installing sinks and faucets, cleaning clogged drains, and soldering pipes.
- Paint and stain interior and exterior walls, in combination with remodeling projects.
- Complete rough and finish carpentry projects oriented with existing structures.
- Complete grounds work including picking up trash, mowing, weed eating, raking, clearing brush, and maintaining landscaping beds and other areas.
- Assist in completing routine maintenance on Summit vehicles and equipment.
- Help to complete preventive maintenance procedures on buildings, fixtures, and equipment.
- Participate in the on-call schedule when requested. Carry a cell phone and remain in cell service, whether on or off the property, during on-call duty. Respond to calls within 30 minutes and be on site within 45 minutes of the call. Any on-call working hours will be paid according to Summit handbook guidelines.
- Alert the Director of Properties to any unusual activity on the property or damage discovered.
- Notify the Director of Properties immediately of any water, electrical, or a fire related maintenance emergency; and within 24 hours for any other sort of maintenance issue that cannot be fixed yourself.
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance services and requests as assigned. If you are unable to complete an assignment for any reason, notify your direct supervisor at the end of each workday.
- Ensure compliance of all work related activities in a fair, ethical, and consistent manner.
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State, and Federal guidelines.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as may be determined.
- Carry a cell phone during working hours, and carry a walkie-talkie as requested on the property for communication.
- Provide project oversight and supervision for interns when requested by the Director of Properties, Maintenance Supervisor, or Project Manager.
- Meet regularly with the Properties Group.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS DESIRED:
- Mature Christian, grounded in the Word and Biblical worldview with a passion for Summit’s vision and mission
- Strong work ethic and ability to be a team player.
- Consistent exertion of 10-20 pounds of force required; frequent exertion of 20-50 pounds of force required; occasional exertion of 50-100 pounds of force required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a maintenance or construction-related field.