“Summit Ministries exists to equip and support rising generations to embrace God’s truth and champion a biblical worldview.”
Every position with Summit is essential to the ministry and its fulfillment of our mission statement. Therefore, every employee of Summit must be a Christ-follower who has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Every employee must be able and willing to share the Gospel and biblical worldview and to lead and/or participate in devotions, exhortation, and prayer.
Donor Relationship Specialist
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Advancement
PAY RANGE: $5,5000 – 6,5000 annually DOE
Summary of Position:
Under the direct supervision of the VP of Advancement, this individual will represent Summit in a manner that will encourage people to further support our causes in media and higher education. He/She will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with partners who support Summit fundraising campaigns and special projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contact individuals by telephone, mail or e-mail to thank for gifts received, share the vision of Summit and case for support, build relationships, pray with, and to solicit funds.
- Establish and maintain a ministry of personal relationships with individual donors.
- Identify areas of interest and present project proposals to current donors, inviting them to participate financially with Summit.
- Write letters and send periodic project updates to partners keeping them informed of the impact of their support
- Work in partnership with the SLT, Programs team and other departments to notify them of donors with greater giving potential, share contact information, offer assistance as needed.
- Maintain accurate records of contacts in the Customer Relations Database system (NetSuite).
- Keep abreast of campaign progress and project funding needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel to select events and help populate partner events.KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Skills and Qualifications
- Mature Christian, grounded in the Word and Biblical worldview
- The ability to meet deadlines and work within a team
- Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong sense of initiative and problem solving
- Able to operate well under the pressure of deadlines