FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
McLaughlin/Summit.org Poll: Majority Agree Rights Given to Americans by Creator, Not by Government
(Manitou Springs, CO—October 28, 2021) Summit.org, in partnership with McLaughlin and Associates—one of America’s most respected polling survey firms—is releasing the results of a new national survey. Results were from a survey of 1,000 likely general election voters nationwide and was conducted October 14th through October 18th.
“Religious freedom is the first freedom guaranteed in the Bill of Rights. Government doesn’t give this freedom; it merely secures what is given by God. Simply put, government must respect religion and cannot make believers engage in practices that violate their religious beliefs,” said Dr. Jeff Myers of Summit.org. “Even in the middle of a pandemic, three-quarters of the American people are clear on this point. Only 16 percent disagree.”
All interviews were conducted online; survey invitations were distributed randomly within predetermined geographic units. These units were structured to correlate with actual voter turnout in the general election. This poll of 1,000 general election voters has an accuracy of +/- 3.1% at a 95% confidence interval.
The complete link to the data can be found here: coming soon
KEY INSIGHT: Overwhelming Majority of American Voters Say Government Does Not Have the Right to Overrule a Person’s Religious Beliefs
- 75 percent of American voters say the government does not have the right to force people to participate in practices that violate their religious beliefs.
- 16 percent say the government does have the right.
- 10 percent did not know or did not answer.
KEY INSIGHT: Support for Primacy of Personal Religious Beliefs Crosses Bipartisan Lines
- 84 percent of Republican voters say the government does not have the right to force people to participate in practices that violate their religious beliefs.
- 78 percent of Independent voters say the government does not have the right to force people to participate in practices that violate their religious beliefs.
- 64 percent of Democrat voters say the government does not have the right to force people to participate in practices that violate their religious beliefs.
About Summit Ministries — Founded in 1962 Summit Ministries’ mission is to equip and support rising generations to embrace God’s truth and champion a biblical worldview. Summit’s iconic two-week conferences for young adults have trained tens of thousands of today’s business innovators, cultural influencers, government officials, and church leaders. Its books and training courses equip hundreds of thousands of people a year to be confident in biblical truth.
About McLaughlin & Associates — McLaughlin & Associates is a full-service, nationally recognized market research and strategic services firm that specializes in public opinion research, media planning and buying services, and strategic consulting services. McLaughlin has analyzed and interpreted thousands of public opinion and market research studies and used this information to create successful outcomes for clients. The principles of McLaughlin and Associates have 40-years of successful political and corporate experience. John McLaughlin is the CEO/Partner and Jim McLaughlin is the COO/Partner.