“Summit cultivates rising generations to resolutely champion a Biblical worldview.”
Every position with Summit is essential to the ministry and its fulfillment of our mission statement. Therefore, every employee of Summit must be a Christ follower who has accepted Jesus Christ as his or her Lord and Savior. Every employee must be able and willing to share the Gospel and Biblical worldview and to lead and/or participate in devotions, exhortation and prayer.
Project Technician II
REPORTS TO: Director of Properties
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Non-exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As a part of the Properties Team, performs property improvement and maintenance work of all buildings, grounds, and equipment in a manner that facilitates the mission and purpose of Summit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the guidelines of current building codes and state, regional, and local regulations, assist the Project Manager in renovating buildings and improving the infrastructure of the property. Projects may include the following entry-level and journeyman-level trade skills:
- Building demolition- including a working knowledge of historical structures and safety measures involving hazardous building materials
- Masonry- foundation, retention, flat, and finish
- Carpentry- frame to finish structural
- Drywall- installation and both smooth and textured finishes
- Flooring/Tile experience with hardwood, LVP, ceramic tiles, and linoleum
- Basic electrical- wiring receptacles, switches, installing plates, junction boxes, conduit, installing fixtures
- Basic plumbing- installing toilets, sinks, faucets, p-traps, showerheads
- Basic mechanical- running ducts, venting, installing ceiling fans
As needed, perform a wide variety of general building maintenance repairs and services coordinated by the Director of Properties. The following are examples:
- Install light bulbs, replace outlets, switches, cover plates, and complete other minor electrical repairs.
- Complete basic plumbing repairs such as replacing showerheads, fixing leaks, fixing toilets, repairing or installing sinks and faucets, cleaning clogged drains, and soldering pipes.
- Paint and stain interior and exterior walls, in combination with remodeling projects.
- Complete rough and finish carpentry projects oriented with existing structures.
- Complete grounds work, including picking up trash, mowing, weed eating, raking, clearing brush, and maintaining landscaping beds and other areas.
- Assist in completing routine maintenance on Summit vehicles and equipment.
- Assist in snow removal, including shoveling, plowing, blowing, and sweeping the sidewalks, patios, and utilities access.
- Help to complete preventive maintenance procedures on buildings, fixtures, and equipment.
- Participate in the on-call schedule. Carry a cell phone and remain in cell service, whether on or off the property, during on-call duty. Respond to calls within 30 minutes and be on site within 45 minutes of the call. Any on-call working hours will be paid according to Summit handbook guidelines.
- Carry a cell phone during working hours, and carry a walkie-talkie as requested on the property for communication.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS DESIRED:
- Mature Christian, grounded in the Word and biblical worldview
- Strong work ethic and be a team player
- Meet regularly with the Project Manager
- Ability to drive a manual transmission vehicle
- Commercial Driver’s License with air brakes and passenger endorsements (could be acquired after hire)
- Consistent exertion of 10-20 pounds of force required; frequent exertion of 20-50 pounds of force required; occasional exertion of 50-100 pounds of force required.