“Summit Ministries exists to equip and support rising generations to embrace God’s truth and champion a biblical worldview.”
Every position with Summit is essential to the ministry and its fulfillment of our mission statement. Therefore, every employee of Summit must be a Christ-follower who has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Every employee must be able and willing to share the Gospel and biblical worldview and to lead and/or participate in devotions, exhortation, and prayer.
PROJECT TECHNICIAN I
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Regular FT/non-exempt
PAY RANGE: $16-$18/hour
Summary of Position
As a part of the Properties Group, performs property improvement and maintenance work of all buildings, grounds, and equipment in a manner that facilitates the vision and mission of Summit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the guidelines of current building codes and state, regional, and local regulations, assist the Project Manager in renovating buildings and improving the infrastructure of the property. Projects may include the following entry-level and journeyman-level trade skills:
- Building demolition- including a working knowledge of historical structures and safety measures involving hazardous building materials
- Masonry- foundation, retention, flat, and finish
- Carpentry- frame to finish structural
- Drywall- installation and both smooth and textured finishes
- Flooring/Tile experience with hardwood, LVP, ceramic tiles, and linoleum
- Basic electrical- wiring receptacles, switches, installing plates, junction boxes, conduit, installing fixtures
- Basic plumbing- installing toilets, sinks, faucets, p-traps, showerheads
- Basic mechanical/HVAC- running ducts, venting, installing ceiling fans
As needed, perform a wide variety of general building maintenance repairs and services coordinated by the Director of Properties. The following are examples:
- Install light bulbs, replace outlets, switches, cover plates, and complete other minor electrical repairs.
- Complete basic plumbing repairs such as replacing showerheads, fixing leaks, fixing toilets, repairing or installing sinks and faucets, cleaning clogged drains, and soldering pipes.
- Paint and stain interior and exterior walls, in combination with remodeling projects.
- Complete rough and finish carpentry projects oriented with existing structures.
- Complete grounds work, including picking up trash, mowing, weed eating, raking, clearing brush, and maintaining landscaping beds and other areas.
- Assist in completing routine maintenance on Summit vehicles and equipment.
- Assist in snow removal, including shoveling, plowing, blowing, and sweeping the sidewalks, patios, and utility access.
- Help to complete preventive maintenance procedures on buildings, fixtures, and equipment.
- Meet regularly with the Projects Team and Properties Group.
- Participate in the on-call schedule when requested. Carry a cell phone and remain in cell service, whether on or off the property, during on-call duty. Respond to calls within 30 minutes and be on site within 45 minutes of the call. Any on-call working hours will be paid according to Summit handbook guidelines.
- Alert your supervisor to any unusual activity on the property or damage discovered.
- Notify the Director of Properties immediately of any water, electrical, or fire-related maintenance emergency; and within 24 hours for any other sort of maintenance issue that cannot be fixed yourself.
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance services and requests as assigned. If you are unable to complete an assignment for any reason, notify your supervisor at the end of each workday.
- Ensure compliance with all work-related activities in a fair, ethical, and consistent manner.
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State, and Federal guidelines.
- Carry a cell phone during working hours, and carry a walkie-talkie as requested on the property for communication.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as may be determined.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Mature Christian, grounded in the Word and biblical worldview with a passion for Summit’s vision and mission.
- Strong work ethic and being a team player.
- Ability to drive a manual transmission vehicle.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a construction-related field.
- Consistent exertion of 10-20 pounds of force required; frequent exertion of 20-50 pounds of force required; occasional exertion of 50-100 pounds of force required.