Summit’s mission is to equip and support rising generations to embrace God’s truth and champion a biblical worldview.
Every position with Summit Ministries is essential to the ministry and its fulfillment of our mission. Therefore, every employee of Summit must be a Christ follower who (1) has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, (2) wholeheartedly agrees with Summit Ministries’ statements of faith and convictions, and (3) is actively growing in understanding and articulating the principles in these statements. Every employee must be able and willing to share the Gospel and Biblical worldview and to lead and/or participate in devotions, exhortation, and prayer.
Ministry Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Finance and Administration
PAY RANGE: $65,000 to $70,000 per year
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Ministry Project Manager manages cross functional Summit projects as assigned. In addition to managing assigned projects, the project manager will establish and champion a standard project management approach for Summit Ministries including methodology, supporting software tools, and coaching of other Summit staff managing projects. This position works with all levels of management and staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide Project Management Services:
- Serves as the project manager for key Summit projects
- Works with management to move projects through the phases of project management to successful completion
- Communicates status of projects on a regular basis
- Alerts management to project issues impacting successful completion of projects
Oversee Project Management Approach and Project Portfolio:
- Responsible for Summit’s overall project management approach
- Recommends and supports project management methodology and supporting tools
- Maintains a centralized dashboard of Summit’s Project Portfolio
- Assists leadership in prioritization of project work
Coach Staff Doing Project Management:
- Provide coaching to other Summit staff running projects large and small
- Recommend training options for staff playing a role on projects or leading them
- Understands Summit’s vision, mission, strategy, and goals to ensure projects assigned meet organization requirements
- Work closely with Summit’s Technology staff to integrate corporate and technology project management approaches
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors’ degree with major in a field applicable to the responsibilities. Project Management Professional (PMP) is desired but not required.
- Minimum 5 years project management experience required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A strong faith in Jesus Christ, grounded in the Holy Scriptures, and demonstrated integrity
- Understands and embraces a biblical worldview
- Familiar with nonprofit organizations
- Adaptable to Summit’s culture
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Strong planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Competence with Microsoft Office software and internet-based project management tools
- Primarily in an office environment. Will be expected to travel as needed. Occasional weekend or evening work is possible.