FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Majority of Voters Support Religious Exemptions to COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates
57% of Americans, Who Offered an Opinion in this Survey, Say Civil Disobedience is the Appropriate Response When Government Oversteps its Legal Authority or Becomes Immoral
(Manitou Springs, CO—October 28, 2021) Summit.org, in partnership with McLaughlin and Associates—one of America’s most respected polling survey firms—is releasing the results of a new national survey. Results were from a survey of 1,000 general election voters nationwide and were conducted October 14th through October 18th.
“In this survey, we wanted to understand how Americans feel about the numerous acts of civil disobedience by those whose principles compel them to resist vaccine mandates, whether airline employees, medical professionals, or active-duty U.S. service members. A majority of those with a view on this subject think civil disobedience is an appropriate response to government overreach,” said Dr. Jeff Myers of Summit.org. “The tradition of Dr. Martin Luther King, who put principle above policy and practiced nonviolent resistance to bring about change, seems to be alive and well.”
All interviews were conducted online; survey invitations were distributed randomly within predetermined geographic units. These units were structured to correlate with actual voter turnout in the general election. This poll of 1,000 general election voters has an accuracy of +/- 3.1% at a 95% confidence interval.
The complete link to the data can be found here: coming soon
KEY INSIGHT: Plurality of American Voters Support Civil Disobedience Against Government When it Oversteps its Legal Authority or Becomes Immoral
- 46 percent of American voters believe that civil disobedience is the appropriate response when the government oversteps its legal authority or engages in immoral behavior against its citizens.
- 33 percent believe it is not appropriate.
- 21 percent did not know or did not answer.
KEY INSIGHT: Of Those American Voters Who Offered an Opinion on the Issue a Majority Say Civil Disobedience is Appropriate When the Government Oversteps its Legal Authority or Becomes Immoral
- 57 percent of American voters who have an opinion about the issue believe that civil disobedience is the appropriate response when the government oversteps its legal authority or engages in immoral behavior against its citizens.
- 43 percent of American voters who have an opinion about the issue believe that civil disobedience is not the appropriate response when the government oversteps its legal authority or engages in immoral behavior against its citizens.
About Summit Ministries — Founded in 1962 Summit Ministries’ mission is to equip and support rising generations to embrace God’s truth and champion a biblical worldview. Summit’s iconic two-week conferences for young adults have trained tens of thousands of today’s business innovators, cultural influencers, government officials, and church leaders. Its books and training courses equip hundreds of thousands of people a year to be confident in biblical truth.
About McLaughlin & Associates — McLaughlin & Associates is a full-service, nationally recognized market research and strategic services firm that specializes in public opinion research, media planning and buying services, and strategic consulting services. McLaughlin has analyzed and interpreted thousands of public opinion and market research studies and used this information to create successful outcomes for clients. The principles of McLaughlin and Associates have 40-years of successful political and corporate experience. John McLaughlin is the CEO/Partner and Jim McLaughlin is the COO/Partner.