Curriculum: Elementary School - Building on the Rock
Have a question?
- Why is it important to teach worldview Curriculum?
- What training is required to teach your worldview Curriculum?
- Why do I need a correlated worldview and Bible survey Curriculum?
- What is the goal of the BOTR Curriculum?
- How can I teach both a worldview and a Bible survey Curriculum?
- What materials does each student need for the BOTR Curriculum?
- How can I place an order for the BOTR Curriculum?
- 1. Why is it important to teach worldview Curriculum?
Christians need to understand that the truth of God's word applies to all of life. They need to be able to discern truth from error, whether sitting in a university classroom or watching the evening news.
- 2. What training is required to teach your worldview Curriculum?
The key components for a successful teacher are a heart-felt vision for worldview thinking and a willingness to invest time and energy in communicating that vision. The video format, along with the discussions and projects, makes it simple to teach the course without extensive background or training. However, many educators find they benefit from "catching the big picture" through the Summit Ministries' Adult Conference.
- 3. Why do I need a correlated worldview and Bible survey Curriculum?
Children learn early the core beliefs and values that become their worldview. Christian parents and educators are critically challenged not only with teaching children to know, embrace, and act on biblical truth, but also with showing them the differences between the Christian worldview and competing secular worldviews.
Parents and teachers alike are sadly recognizing that even after years of formal Bible study in their schools, children do not understand the relationships between memorized Bible facts and their spiritual beliefs, nor can they explain in an age appropriate fashion what they believe or why.
- 4. What is the goal of the BOTR Curriculum?
Building on the Rock is a Christian worldview curriculum designed specifically to meet a critical challenge—to help teachers effectively teach Bible story facts and at the same time help children think critically as they develop and learn to articulate a cohesive biblical worldview.
- 5. How can I teach both a worldview and a Bible survey Curriculum?
Building on the Rock is a correlated worldview and Bible survey curriculum designed to use valuable school time effectively by presenting major Bible truths and events holistically within the framework of a Christian worldview. Offering a Bible survey course that incorporates specific Christian worldview concepts within a single time slot allows you to schedule time for state mandated subjects as well as reserve time for challenging biblical studies.
- 6. What materials does each student need for the BOTR Curriculum?
Each student should have a copy of the Worldview Student Workbook(s) and Bible Survey Student Workbook. Students will find these resources invaluable as they continue developing their worldview thinking. The workbooks are consumables.
- 7. How can I place an order for the BOTR Curriculum?
You can do one of the following to order your curriculum products:
- Order online through our store
- Order over the phone by calling 866.786.6483