Use of Documents and Publications on the Website
Except as expressly prohibited on this website, you are permitted to view, copy, print and distribute publications and documents within this website, subject to your agreement that: a) your use of the information is for informational, personal, and non-commercial purposes only, b) you will not modify the documents, publications or graphics, c) you will not quote materials out of their context, d) you will display the below copyright notice on every copy you make, and e) you agree that Summit Ministries may revoke this permission at any time and you shall immediately stop your activities related to this permission upon notice from Summit Ministries. Law expressly prohibits use for any other purpose.
Note: The permission above to use documents and publications does not include permission to copy the design elements, look and feel, or layout of this website. Those elements of the website are protected by law, such as trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No logo, graphic, sound or image from the website may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by Summit Ministries.
Note:Permission to reproduce any material on this website that is not the property of Summit Ministries or its subsidiaries must be gained from that affiliate or third party.
Disclaimers and Notices
Summit Ministries may make changes to the website, information, documents, publications, prices, product offerings, and any other information and materials on the website at any time and without notice.
The website contains links to third-party sites which are not under the control of Summit Ministries and Summit Ministries is not responsible for the contents on any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The inclusion of any link does not imply that Summit Ministries endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content on such third-party sites.
Accounts and Security
If any of the services on the website requires you to open an account, you must complete the registration process by providing us with true, current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form, and you will maintain and promptly update such information to keep it true, current, complete and accurate. You also will choose a password and a user name. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify Summit Ministries immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. Summit Ministries will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by Summit Ministries or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time, without the permission of the account holder. By using this website and registering for such services, you consent to Summit Ministries’ display of such information via the services and accept all risks of unauthorized access to such information. If you provide any information that is false, inaccurate, out of date, or incomplete, or Summit Ministries has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is false, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, Summit Ministries may suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the services or any portion thereof. You are responsible for all costs and charges, including without limitation, phone charges and telecommunications equipment that you incur in order to use the services.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
As a condition of your use of the website, you will not use the website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Summit Ministries server, or the network(s) connected to any Summit Ministries server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the website. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to services, materials, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Summit Ministries server or to the website, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the website.
Use of Services on the Website
The website may contain email services, bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, calendars, photo albums and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others (each a “Communication Service” and collectively “Communication Services”). You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Communication Services or the website, you will not:
- Use the Communication Services or the website in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, racist, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, indecent, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable topic, name, material or information.
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same.
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the website in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Services specifically allows such messages.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines, which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the Communication Services or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
- Use any Summit Ministries domain name as a pseudonymous return email address for any communications that you transmit from another location or through another service.
- Transmit unsolicited or bulk communications to any Summit Ministries account holder or to any summit.org or affiliated email address (regardless of whether you use the website to transmit any such communication).
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the website are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges.
Summit Ministries has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, Summit Ministries reserves the right to review materials posted to the Communication Services and to remove and/or edit any materials in its sole discretion. Summit Ministries reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
Summit Ministries reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as Summit Ministries deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Summit Ministries’ sole discretion.
Always use caution when giving out any personally identifiable information about yourself or your children in any Communication Services. Summit Ministries does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Services and, therefore, Summit Ministries specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Services. Managers and hosts are not authorized Summit Ministries spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of Summit Ministries.
Materials uploaded to the Communication Services may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination; you are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
Materials Provided to Summit Ministries or Posted on the Website
Unless otherwise specified, Summit Ministries does not claim ownership of the materials you provide to Summit Ministries (including, without limitation, information, ideas, concepts, techniques, feedback, data, questions, comments and suggestions, or the like) or post, upload, input or submit to the website or its associated services for review by Summit Ministries, the general public, and/or by the members of any public or private community (each a “Submission” and collectively “Submissions”), and such Submissions shall be deemed not to be confidential. However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting (“Posting”) your Submission you are granting Summit Ministries, its affiliated companies and necessary sublicensees permission to use your Submission in connection with the operation of their businesses (including, without limitation, all Summit Ministries services), including, without limitation, the license rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, modify, translate and reformat your Submissions; to publish your name in connection with your Submission; develop, manufacture, and market products incorporating such ideas, concepts, or techniques, and the right to sublicense such rights to any supplier of the services and/or materials on the website.
No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submission, as provided herein. Summit Ministries is under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may provide and Summit Ministries may remove any Submission at any time in its sole discretion.
You understand that all Submissions, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Submissions originated. This means that you, and not Summit Ministries, are entirely responsible for all Submissions that you upload, post, provide, input, submit, or otherwise transmit via the website. Summit Ministries does not control the Submissions posted via the website and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Submissions. You understand that by using the website, you may be exposed to Submissions from others that are offensive, indecent or objectionable.
Spam Email and Postings