Summit’s mission is to equip and support rising generations to embrace God’s truth and champion a biblical worldview.
Every position with Summit Ministries is essential to the ministry and its fulfillment of our mission. Therefore, every employee of Summit must be a Christ follower who (1) has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, (2) wholeheartedly agrees with Summit Ministries’ statements of faith and convictions, and (3) is actively growing in understanding and articulating the principles in these statements. Every employee must be able and willing to share the Gospel and Biblical worldview and to lead and/or participate in devotions, exhortation, and prayer.
Senior Manager of Curriculum Design
REPORTS TO: Director of Publishing and Content
PAY RANGE: $67,000–$92,000 DOE
Summary of Position:
The Senior Manager of Curriculum Design is responsible for creating the design, vision, strategy, workflow, and team structure to build world-class educational products for Christian schools, churches, and homeschooling environments. This includes Bible curriculum in the home and classroom settings, small group curriculum for churches, and professional development curriculum for those training the rising generations (e.g., teachers, administrators, youth-pastors). This person is responsible for leading the curriculum design team while collaborating across departmental groups to develop and deliver effective and engaging teaching and learning experiences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, design, and develop educational content and experiences for Christian school, homeschool, and church customers.
- Integrate the highest standards of pedagogical excellence and age-appropriateness to each project.
- Manage the editorial process, layout, design, and vendor selection of the curriculum resources.
- Individually participate in curriculum development as needed and in support of the development team.
- Oversee the life cycle of existing curricula by assessing needed improvements, engaging user feedback, and adapting to changing market environments.
- Maintain a consistent brand image across all products representing the ministry brand.
- Ensure all products adhere to Summit Ministries’ Statement of Faith, Convictions, and Core Values.
- Plan and manage new curriculum projects in accordance with the schedule, scope, and cost determined at project initiation.
- Provide timely editorial status reports to key stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with contracted editors, proofreaders, designers, and other support.
- Utilize organizational project management methodologies and tools (Teamwork) for project management and reporting.
- Lead team of full time, part time, and contract writers, editors, and designers.
- Oversee the fiscal budget for all curriculum development projects.
- Collaborate with other ministry leaders to ensure excellent user experience, product messaging, and use of technology.
- Identify and report issues that threaten—or opportunities which could improve—efficiencies and effectiveness of reaching goals. Recommend actions needed to minimize or eliminate threats and meet goals.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Education, English, or Communications required
- Advanced degree in Instructional Design or similar area strongly preferred
Previous experience requirement:
- At least 5 years editorial and/or design experience in educational publishing
- Classroom teaching experience strongly preferred
- Experience with project oversight, including managing staff and budgets
Skills and Qualifications:
- A strong faith in Jesus Christ, grounded in the Holy Scriptures, demonstrates integrity
- Understands and embraces a biblical worldview
- Has a heart for Summit’s mission, vision, and values
- Agrees with Summit’s statement of faith and convictions
- Adaptable to Summit’s culture
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy, quality, and on-time delivery
- Experience with Teamwork or similar project management software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mastery of the English language, especially in written form
- Familiarity with Chicago style publication standards
- A love for education in all settings
Primarily in an office environment. May be able to perform some duties remotely while working in regular communication and collaboration with the team.