The Advancement department of Summit Ministries helps to serve in the marketing and fundraising of the ministry. The Advancement Internship lays the groundwork for a career in nonprofit fundraising and marketing by providing fund development training, and application of that training through the creation of fundraisers and marketing campaigns. This allows the intern to receive a tangible, results-based experience for their résumé and future job endeavors.
The internship will consist of two phases. Phase one is the training of fundraising and marketing principles. Phase two is the actual creation of a fundraising campaign. If approved, the campaign will be delivered to Summit Ministries donors for actual fundraising purposes. This allows the Advancement intern to put actual numbers for funds raised on a résumé.
Reports to: David Wilson, Senior Marketing Coordinator
Location: Summit Headquarters, Manitou Springs, CO
Hours: 30-35 hours per week
Compensation: Paid/bi-weekly stipend plus meals & housing
Interns work for one or both time frames:
- May 14th – July 13th
- July 15th – August 31st
Advancement Interns work with the Advancement department on various projects like (but not limited to):
- Interviewing students to collect impact stories.
- Social media marketing and fundraising campaigns
- Direct mail fundraising
- Email and digital fundraising/marketing
- Appeal writing and delivery
- Opportunities for public speaking with students
- A college sophomore or above (must be at least 18 years old by the start date)
- Studying Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Fundraising, Nonprofit management or related field
- Passionate about Summit’s vision of “cultivating a rising generation to champion a biblical worldview”
- Personable and willing to share their Summit experience with strangers
- Flexible and able to work on a variety of projects
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Bring a personal laptop, Windows or Mac are acceptable
- Available to be on-site at Summit headquarters through the entirety of the internship. (We understand that situations may arise during the internship that require our interns to go home for a few days. We will do our best to work with applicants, if necessary.)