“The Summit cultivates rising generations to resolutely champion a biblical worldview.”
Every position with Summit is essential to the ministry and its fulfillment of our mission statement. Therefore, every employee of Summit must be a Christ follower who has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Every employee must be able and willing to share the Gospel and biblical worldview and to lead and/or participate in devotions, exhortation and prayer.
SUPPORT SERVICES SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: CFO/Vice-President of Finance and Administration
DEPARTMENT: Support Services: Finance/Human Resources
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Support Services Specialist provides communication, business, hospitality, and clerical support to the Support Services team and all of Summit Ministries. This work includes: handling general inbound phone calls, welcoming guests to Summit’s office, administrative and clerical support for Support Services (Finance, Human Resources, IT and Properties), coordinating cross-department projects, and scheduling meetings and shared facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Front Office Support: The primary person for handling general inbound phone calls and onsite guests and visitors to Summit. Handles general calls while directing other calls to appropriate staff and teams. Helps onsite guests connect with appropriate Summit staff. Sorts incoming mail.
- Support Services Support: Provides administrative and clerical support for the Support Services Team (Finance, Technology, Human Resources and Properties) including preparation of documents, maintaining Summit’s intranet, ordering supplies, follow up on support services commitments and helping the whole team be more effective.
- Project Coordination: Provides support for various Support Services and cross-functional projects. Follows up on assignments and deadlines helping ensure timely delivery of project.
- Data Entry: Some limited data entry and work in Summit’s core software applications (NetSuite, and others).
- This position will have daily and weekly tasks to be completed and also general prioritized responsibilities to be completed. Once the daily and weekly tasks are completed a project list of additional duties will be provided to be worked on.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of customer oriented experience
- Duties including significant customer interaction on the phone and in person, data entry, and general clerical work
- Advanced knowledge of Windows or Mac based systems including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word and web based business applications
- Desire to learn and use technology to improve organizational productivity
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Mature Christian, grounded in the Word and Biblical worldview
- Schedule and time commitment oriented
- High school or GED equivalent
- Microsoft Office training or 3 plus years of experience
- Work in office environment with occasional lifting of packages
- Hours are 8:30 to 5:00 Monday to Friday