“The Summit cultivates rising generations to resolutely champion a biblical worldview.”
Every position with Summit is essential to the ministry and its fulfillment of our mission statement. Therefore, every employee of Summit must be a Christ follower who has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Every employee must be able and willing to share the Gospel and biblical worldview and to lead and/or participate in devotions, exhortation and prayer.
REPORTS TO: Product Manager CLASSIFICATION: PT/Non-Exempt
Summary of Position:
The Shipping Associate will join a team responsible for preparing and shipping orders at Summit’s Warehouse. This person will also assist where requested by Shipping Manager. These requests may include but are not limited to helping with returns, incoming shipments/orders, organization of warehouse space, etc. September–April will have a flexible schedule requiring 8–10 hours weekly. May–August will require full-time work of roughly 40 hours weekly. Busiest season is June through mid-August.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and process orders received from the main office (decipher order details, retrieve correct items, package items in the most economical fashion, put marketing pamphlets and brochures in each shipment, label boxes according to their order number). Document all details of each shipment (number of boxes, what is inside each box, and who prepared it)
- Be aware of and follow best practices whenever possible
- Ensure all received orders are completed in a timely fashion
- Assist in quarterly inventory count (manually going through items in stock and counting each individual item)
- Prepare kits (multiple items in pre-packaged form) for upcoming season and maintain a minimum quantity of each complete kit
- Assist in additional processes as requested by Shipping Manager
Skills and Qualifications:
- Mature Christian, grounded in the Word and Biblical worldview with a passion for Summit’s mission
- Extreme attention to details
- Good time management skills
- Capable of lifting 50+ lbs
- Ability to maintain a good attitude at all times
- Ability to follow orders and processes with or sometimes without knowledge of the big picture
- Experience with pallet jacks
- Familiar with shipping processes
- Maintains a Christ-like attitude in all circumstances
- Team player, active participant and willing to do all that is asked to further the mission of Summit Ministries
Working Conditions/Physical Factors:
- Warehouse environment (mostly indoors – occasional outdoor work).
- Daily: Lifting 50+ pounds.
- Daily: Standing nearly 100% of the workday.
- Frequently: Use of Hand Truck (two-wheel dolly)
- Occasionally: Use of Pallet Jack
Minimum HS diploma required, with experience in related (shipping) field. Familiar with Summit’s mission.