“The Summit cultivates rising generations to resolutely champion a biblical worldview.”
Every position with Summit is essential to the ministry and its fulfillment of our mission statement. Therefore, every employee of Summit must be a Christ follower who has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Every employee must be able and willing to share the Gospel and biblical worldview and to lead and/or participate in devotions, exhortation and prayer.
REPORTS TO: Properties Director
Summary of Position:
Perform maintenance functions around the Summit campus. This includes the cabins, hotel, houses, and other Summit buildings. Plumbing, electrical, installation, etc. are examples of work to be done.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in repair and remodeling of Summit’s nine houses and one hotel, along with Summit’s sheds, and outbuildings and twenty-six cabins.
- Execute various maintenance and development projects, including
- Concrete work (decorative, sidewalks and walls)
- Tree trimming
- Plumbing (sewers clog, pipe breaks, repaires and installations
- Electrical wiring
- Drywall repair
- Sprinkler systems
- Commercial Laundry Room maintenance
- Flooring – linoleum, tiling
- snow removal
- remodeling of rooms within the hotel
- lawn care
- Vehicle fleet maintenance (changing brakes, oil, transmission fluid)
- Living on-site at Summit is a requirement of the position
Skills and Qualifications:
- A demeanor that well represents Summit
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to foresee upcoming needs and issue and communicate those observations to appropriate departments.
- High proficiency in vehicle maintenance, Electrical, Plumbing, Framing, Drywall, Roofing, Door/Window Replacement, Flooring, Concrete, Painting, Stucco Repair, Granite Fabrication, Landscaping
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously