“Summit cultivates rising generations to resolutely champion a Biblical worldview.”
Every position with Summit is essential to the ministry and its fulfillment of our mission statement. Therefore, every employee of Summit must be a Christ follower who has accepted Jesus Christ as his or her Lord and Savior. Every employee must be able and willing to share the Gospel and Biblical worldview and to lead and/or participate in devotions, exhortation and prayer.
Lead Maintenance Technician
REPORTS TO: Director of Properties
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Non-exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Assist the Director of Properties in overseeing the maintenance and improvement of all buildings, grounds, and equipment in a manner that facilitates the mission and purpose of Summit. Help supervise work completed by paid or voluntary help.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project Coordinating and Supervision
- Plan and oversee the work performed by students or other volunteer groups.
- Monitor daily work and training opportunities for interns and maintenance technicians under the oversight of the Director of Properties
- Assist in observing all work performed by outside contractors.
- Help to develop and implement standard operating procedures for all preventive maintenance on buildings, fixtures, and equipment.
Perform a wide variety of general building maintenance repairs and services managed by the Director of Properties. The following are examples:
- Install light bulbs, replace outlets, switches, cover plates, and complete other minor electrical repairs.
- Complete basic plumbing repairs such as replacing shower heads, fixing leaks, fixing toilets, repairing or installing sinks and faucets, cleaning clogged drains, and soldering pipes.
- Paint and stain interior and exterior walls, in combination with remodeling projects.
- Complete rough and finish carpentry projects oriented with existing structures.
- Perform grounds work which will include picking up trash, mowing, weed eating, raking, clearing brush, and maintaining landscaping beds and other areas.
- Help to coordinate and perform maintenance and repairs on Summit vehicles and equipment.
- Assist in snow removal, including shoveling, plowing, blowing, and sweeping the sidewalks, patios, and utilities access.
- Help to monitor the purchase and proper use of maintenance equipment and supplies.
- Perform basic HVAC maintenance, including filter replacements, thermocouple and ignitor replacement, cleaning furnaces, and portable a/c installations
Complete a daily and weekly inspections of the property which includes the following:
- Walk the perimeter of the property, noting any unusual activity, safety issues, or maintenance concerns.
- Inspect the Hotel mechanical rooms. These include the boiler room, fire sprinkler room, and DHW supply rooms. If anything constitutes a maintenance emergency, notify the Director of Properties immediately.
- Check the Do-It-Now (DIN) lists in the Hotel during the summer. Oversee the completion of tasks.
- Perform daily maintenance of the swimming pool during the summer.
- Weekly check of vacant buildings on site.
- Weekly check fluids in Summit vehicles, including fuel levels.
- Remove trash as needed.
- Meet daily with the Properties Team at the beginning of the day.
- Participate in the on-call schedule. Carry a cell phone and remain in cell service, whether on or off the property, during on-call duty. Respond to calls within 30 minutes and be on site within 45 minutes of the call. Any on-call working hours will be paid according to Summit handbook guidelines.
- Carry a cell phone during working hours and carry a walkie talkie as requested on the property for communication.
- Alert the Director of Properties to any unusual activity on the property or damage discovered.
- Notify the Director of Properties immediately of any water, electrical, or a fire related maintenance emergency; and within 24 hours for any other sort of maintenance issue that cannot be fixed yourself.
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance services and requests as assigned. If you are unable to complete an assignment for any reason, notify the Director of Properties at the end of each work day.
- Ensure compliance of all work-related activities in a fair, ethical, and consistent manner.
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State, and Federal guidelines.
- Consistent exertion of 10-20 pounds of force required; frequent exertion of 20-50 pounds of force required; occasional exertion of 50-100 pounds of force required.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as may be determined.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS DESIRED:
- Mature Christian, grounded in the Word and biblical worldview with a passion for Summit’s vision and mission
- Strong work ethic and be a team player.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in residential maintenance or construction.
- Experience with maintaining historical buildings preferred.
- Maintain a valid Commercial Drivers’ License with proper endorsements for driving Summit commercial vehicles. (Summit will cover the cost of testing and routine physicals as needed)
- Ability to drive a manual transmission vehicle.