“The Summit cultivates rising generations to resolutely champion a biblical worldview.”
Every position with Summit Ministries is essential to the ministry and its fulfillment of our mission statement. Therefore, every employee of Summit must be a Christ follower who has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Every employee must be able and willing to share the Gospel and biblical worldview and to lead and/or participate in devotions, exhortation and prayer.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE
REPORTS TO: VP of Publishing
Summary of Position:
To be Summit Ministries’ main point of contact with school, homeschool, church, and consumer customers. (40 hours per wk with possibility of additional hours during busy season)
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer Care:
- Build relationships on a daily basis with current and prospective customers via telephone calls and emails
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries
- Handle and resolve customer complaints in the best interest of both the customer and Summit
- Maintain updated understanding of products/services to enable knowledgeable answers to all inquiries
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Database:
- Utilize Summit’s CRM to keep records of interactions, transactions, phone calls, etc.
- Update customer records with new and updated data
- Schedule calls, emails, and tasks for Sales Team
- Manage incoming prospect lists, keeping records clean, merging duplicates
- Outgoing Calls/Emails:
- Make outgoing calls/emails to check on customer satisfaction with products
- Make outgoing calls/emails to inform current customers about Summit materials or services.
- Coordinate and cooperate with other departments to ensure consistent communication with customers.
- Maintain good staff working relationships to ensure that support and assistance are always available.
- Assisting Sales Team with current information about curriculum content, CRM management, etc.
- Special Projects:
- Complete project-based tasks as required and perform general administrative duties such as mailing, data clean up, photocopying, etc.
- Assist the Publishing department with emails and other promotional efforts
- Recognize, document, and inform supervisor regarding the trends of incoming and outgoing customer communication (comments, inquiries, complaints, etc)
- Recommend process improvements and assist in anything that makes Summit better
- Create and administer customer and prospect surveys
- Report on survey findings
- Manage incoming worldview assessments, filtering the data to appropriate reps.
- College Credit:
- Organize and keep student records for Summit’s dual enrollment program.
- Communicate student information with accrediting college
- Continuing Education Units: Act as a liaison between partnering school associations and any qualifying schools requesting CEUs
- Orders: Take incoming orders from phone, email, or other applications
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be mature Christian, grounded in the Word and Biblical worldview with a passion for Summit’s mission
- Strong verbal (phone) and written communication skills
- Desire to delight customers above and beyond the call of duty
- Ability to handle diverse personalities and to cope with difficult customer situations
- Basic working knowledge of MS Office and CRM system and ability to quickly learn new programs
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to change with flexibility and a “can do” attitude
- Team player, strong interpersonal relational skills, active participant and willing to do whatever is asked to further the mission of Summit Ministries.
Working Conditions/Physical Factors
Occasionally = 1%-33%; Frequently = 34%-66%; Continuously = 67%-100%
Typical office environment, will involve extended periods of sitting – Continuously
- Minimum HS diploma required, with undergraduate degree preferred.
- One to two years’ experience in phone based customer service/sales related employment preferred
To apply, use this form to send your resume and cover letter to Josh.