“Summit Ministries exists to equip and support the rising generation to embrace God’s truth and champion a biblical worldview.”
Every position with Summit is essential to the ministry and its fulfillment of our mission statement. Therefore, every employee of Summit must be a Christ follower who has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Every employee must be able and willing to share the Gospel and Biblical worldview and to lead and/or participate in devotions, exhortation, and prayer.
REPORTS TO: Curriculum Managing Editor
Summary of Position
The Curriculum Editor provides editorial development for curriculum in the Christian school channel. This consists of Summit curriculum including Building on the Rock, Walking in Truth, Understanding the Times, and Sunday school curriculum. The Editor will also participate in other ministry publishing projects as directed by the Curriculum Managing Editor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the editorial process of Summit Ministries’ curriculum creation and revision. Organize, write, and edit these resources in a timely and cost-effective manner, in concert with other Publishing Division staff.
- Manage the production timelines for curriculum. This includes meeting the production schedule deadlines for all related publications.
- Participate in the editorial process, layout, design, proofing, and illustration requests.
- Work with a team for the strategic development and execution of curriculum as it relates to the distribution of Summit Ministries educational resources online.
- Provide timely editorial status reports regarding curriculum to the Curriculum Managing Editor.
- Manage a budget for areas within the assigned curriculum
- Take responsibility for helping to meet performance goals in concert with the curriculum team.
- Help maintain and improve procedures within the curriculum department of responsibility. Promote and foster high standards of faith, integrity, and productivity throughout Summit Ministries.
- Assure consistent brand image and communication to all relevant constituents both external and internal.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Education, English, Editorial, Communications, or related.
Previous Experience Requirement:
Minimum five years’ experience in teaching and curriculum development (or MA in Curriculum and Instruction). Sunday school teaching is preferred. Minimum three years experience in editing/proofreading or successfully completed at least three editing/proofreading courses.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong faith in Jesus Christ, grounded in the Holy Scriptures, and demonstrated integrity
- Understands, embraces, and is able to articulate a biblical worldview
- Commitment to the mission of Summit Ministries
- Ability to clearly communicate editorial and business concepts
- Experienced project manager
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Adobe products, with the ability to use InDesign and/or InCopy programs
- Advanced communication skills, organized and concise reporting techniques