“Summit Ministries exists to equip and support the rising generation to embrace God’s truth and champion a biblical worldview.”
Every position with Summit is essential to the ministry and its fulfillment of our mission statement. Therefore, every employee of Summit must be a Christ follower who has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Every employee must be able and willing to share the Gospel and Biblical worldview and to lead and/or participate in devotions, exhortation, and prayer.
REPORTS TO: Director of Publishing and Content
Summary of Position
The Content Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining content to fulfill Summit Ministries’ mission. This includes—but is not limited to—written, recorded, live, or other forms of free and paid content. This person is ultimately responsible for developing and maintain a content strategy that fuels ministry engagement and serves other areas of the Program Services Department. The staff member is motivated to impact the lives of students and trainers through the development of worldview-related content.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Writing, Producing, and Editorial
- Develop original content that contributes to Summit’s mission through existing and new efforts
- Assist Publishing and Content Group in writing articles, study material, supplemental resources for books and curriculum, video scripts, and more
- Lead efforts to ensure editorial excellence across all content efforts
- Oversee and recruit a team of contracted content developers (e.g., writers, editors, researchers) responsible for creating content that advances Summit’s mission while adhering to Summit’s core values and convictions
- Manage and communicate with Summit staff and faculty who create content
- Develop research standards for all contributors creating new content
- Perform ongoing research for projects related to the Publishing and Content Group
- Participate in scholarly study of materials related to worldview, theology, and apologetics to maintain ministry’s status as a thought leader
- Maintain an understanding of current events, their worldview implications, and participate in formulating ministry response
- Develop and apply standards for content to align with ministry values and convictions
- Champion new content initiatives that meet ministry constituents’ needs and follow industry standards
- Participate in the development of events, products, and other ministry strategies
- Support the Marketing and Sales group with the creation of marketing content
- Lead effort to develop and implement a strategy for Program Services department content needs for events, curriculum, books, content marketing, web resources, graduate support, and more
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors’ degree with a major in a field applicable to the responsibilities.
- Preference may be given to candidates with a masters’ degree in biblical studies, theology, or a related area of study.
Previous experience requirement:
- Minimum 3 years writing, ideating, and editing content or similar experience.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A strong faith in Jesus Christ, grounded in the Holy Scriptures, demonstrates integrity
- Understands and embraces a biblical worldview
- Familiar with Summit
- Adaptable to Summit’s culture
- Strong grasp of the English language in written and verbal form
- Able to post content on web platforms such as WordPress, YouTube, etc.
- Ability to be creative and develop ideas with a team while also maintaining solo projects
- Advanced written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with the general marketplace
- Primarily in an office environment. May be expected to travel on a limited basis.
- May be able to perform duties remotely while working in continual communication and collaboration with the team.