“The Summit cultivates rising generations to resolutely champion a biblical worldview.”
Every position with Summit is essential to the ministry and its fulfillment of our mission statement. Therefore, every employee of Summit must be a Christ follower who has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Every employee must be able and willing to share the Gospel and biblical worldview and to lead and/or participate in devotions, exhortation and prayer.
CONFERENCE COORDINATOR (Non-Colorado locations)
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Conference Coordinator is a growth-oriented position for the Programs Team. The right person will exhibit an enthusiastic, take-charge leadership attitude and will have a passion and skill set for managing aspects of summer student conference programs and ensuring continued success of Summit experiences. This is a key, supportive position for maintaining conference operations and total quality management.
Having experience with biblical worldview training is a plus, and you must enjoy working in a fast-paced and relational office environment. Office location for this position is at our headquarters campus in Manitou Springs, Colorado with some travel during peak season (April through Sept.) to work remote Summit facility partner locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interface with partner / staff contacts at current and perspective conference locations
- Maintain / update Summit Programs webpages with important and accurate information
- Collaborate with Partner Manager & Customer Care Specialists to keep registration process moving effectively. Frequent use of reporting, analytics, web-based data will be important
- Hire summer staff with collaboration from other coordinators for all locations
- Prepare and communicate with summer staff prior to arrival for training and conferences
- Train summer leadership team. Develop strategic plan in place to train staff
- Provide oversight during student conferences and feedback to the leadership team
- Engage and resolve major student issues during student conferences. Maintain accountability
- Plan and implement all aspects of the student conferences (collaborate with Programs team)
- Inform and equip faculty / speakers for each session concerning logistics, demographics of students attending the conference, understanding of summer staff, support strategies, etc.
- Ensure collaboration with other Summit departments to inform about activities, news and events related to Summit Semester, student conferences, etc. via web and social media
- Work with Marketing & Partner Development Specialist concerning promotion and proper adherence for applying conference scholarships, discount codes, and tuition assistance
- Continually update Summit policies and best practices for student programs (staff guidebooks)
- Network with partner organizations, faculty, facility partner staff, and supporting relationships
- Provide input to Director of Programs concerning execution and management of conference budget items, to include reporting, collection of information and sharing of Summit policies
- Follow-up on payment for every aspect of the student conferences (sessions)
- Debrief with leadership team at the end of the summer (SWOT analysis)
- Initiate changes for subsequent years after each summer’s end and review of results
- On-going promotion of Summit Ministries to students, parents, partners and peers
- Partner visits and prospect visits to local and regional church youth groups, private schools and other youth ministry non-profit organizations to conduct Summit vision casting and provide information to influential leaders and to students / parents
- Manage time well and provide progress updates and work toward KPI’s to ensure success
- Collaborate with other Programs and Summit team members to accomplish tasks as needed
- Up to 20% travel may be involved during Summit conference seasons
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Mature Christian, grounded in the Word and biblical worldview, maintain positive can-do attitude
- Understands and embraces a biblical worldview. Apologetics training a plus
- Excellent writing and communication skills with attention to detail
- Background in planning activities or events, managing projects, leading teams, relationship management and conflict resolution is beneficial. Professional demeanor a must
- Able to pay attention, analyze, and synthesize current cultural trends, news, and phenomena
- Proficient in social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), video lead generation apps, CRM platform, Microsoft Office Suite, lead generation platform, e-mail and integration tools.
- Understands best social media practices, adapt to new media, and present Summit vision casting
- Able to juggle multiple projects at once and consistently meet deadlines. Welcomes challenges
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively problem solve and be cross-culturally adaptive/sensitive. Polished networker, relationship builder and comfortable with face-to-face interactions with students, parents, partners, managers or directors. Strong character a must
- Team player, active participant, and willing to work diligently to further the mission of Summit Ministries and is passionate about casting vision and enabling others to do the same
- Strong organizational skills with proven success managing time well and demonstrating leadership
- High capacity for extended working hours and ability to maintain high level of enthusiasm and awareness. Strong problem-solving skills with competency in managing relationships
- Experience as a Summit student conference attendee (alumni) or graduate of Summit Semester highly desired. Desire to succeed and possess a “can-do” attitude
EDUCATION AND OTHER EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. 1 to 2 years of experience in project management or event planning strongly desired. Previous conference and camp ministry experience a plus. Understanding of youth culture and related issues teens face. Proficiency in intermediate computer skills, phone, e-mail, Microsoft Office Suite, social media, Internet, etc. Competent math skills. General experience working within team environment and comfortable in leading and supporting roles. A deep interest in Christian worldview is a must and being an avid reader of publications around such issues is highly sought after. Familiarity with the general Christian “market” is helpful.