Summit Oxford FAQs
Have a question?
- What GPA is needed to apply to Summit Oxford?
- How much does Summit Oxford cost?
- Is financial aid available Summit Oxford?
- Do I need a visa or a passport to attend Summit Oxford?
- How do I get a passport for Summit Oxford?
- Will I be taking classes from Summit faculty at Oxford?
- Where will I live while at Summit Oxford?
- 1. What GPA is needed to apply to Summit Oxford?
All applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.4 for your major(s) (on a 4.0 scale), with requirements set even higher for some programs.
- 2. How much does Summit Oxford cost?
The cost for a term at Summit Oxford is $20,000 (subject to change). This fee covers tutorials, housing, college and library fees, and several cultural excursions. However, additional costs to each student include travel to and from Oxford (e.g., airfare, bus, train, taxi), other travel (usually train, bus, taxi), food, deposits for housing (paid to OSAP) and deductible utility costs, books (both for the Summit program and for tutorials, as needed) and other such expenditures (e.g., supplies, clothing), all of which might range as high as $5,000 combined for the term. Do keep in mind that the strength or weakness of the dollar impacts the purchasing power one may experience.
- 3. Is financial aid available Summit Oxford?
Financial assistance is available based on degree of need. Please contact us at 866.786.6483 for recommendations and a financial aid application.
- 4. Do I need a visa or a passport to attend Summit Oxford?
If you intend to study only for one term, a visa not required. If you intend to study longer, then a visa is required, as well as a return trip to your home country. If this is your intention, do let us know and we will provide you with suggestions for obtaining a visa. Every student will need a valid passport. Students must make sure that their passport is valid until a date six months beyond their determined stay in England.
- 5. How do I get a passport for Summit Oxford?
If you intend to apply to Summit Oxford and do not have a current passport, or if your passport will expire within six months of the end of your intended stay in England, then we suggest you acquire a new or updated passport immediately. To that end, the following site is helpful: U.S. Department of State.
- 6. Will I be taking classes from Summit faculty at Oxford?
Students attending Summit Oxford will study under Oxford tutors. In addition, Summit Oxford students will have a four-week course of Summit worldview study with the Director of the program, Kevin Bywater.
- 7. Where will I live while at Summit Oxford?
Our goal is for Summit Oxford students to be housed with other such students in single-sex residences, whether these be houses or flats.