Middle School Curriculum FAQs
Have a question?
- Why is it important to teach worldview Curriculum?
- What training is required to teach your worldview Curriculum?
- What is the goal of the LB Curriculum?
- What materials does each student need for the LB Curriculum?
- How can I place an order for the LB Curriculum?
- 1. Why is it important to teach worldview Curriculum?
Christians need to understand that the truth of God's word applies to all of life. They need to be able to discern truth from error, whether sitting in a university classroom or watching the evening news.
- 2. What training is required to teach your worldview Curriculum?
The key components for a successful teacher are a heart-felt vision for worldview thinking and a willingness to invest time and energy in communicating that vision. The video format, along with the discussions and projects, makes it simple to teach the course without extensive background or training. However, many educators find they benefit from "catching the big picture" through the Summit Ministries' Adult Conference.
- 3. What is the goal of the LB Curriculum?
First, we want to prepare Christian youth for the world in which they are living and train them to recognize the false ideas of this world.
Second, many Christian 8th grade students transfer to a Secular school for their high school education, we would like to prepare those students for the humanistic ideas they will encounter and give them the materials they will need to stand strong to their Christian faith.
Third, for those schools that are teaching the High School Understanding the Times curriculum, this material will greatly prepare them for the more advanced material that they will encounter.
- 4. What materials does each student need for the LB Curriculum?
Each student should have a copy of the course text, How to be Your Own Selfish Pig (by Susan Schaeffer) and a Student Workbook. Students will find these resources invaluable as they continue developing their worldview thinking. The workbooks are consumables while the student texts are reusable.
- 5. How can I place an order for the LB Curriculum?
You can do one of the following to order your curriculum products:
- Order online through our store
- Order over the phone by calling 866.786.6483