College Credit FAQs
Have a question?
- If I can't complete the College Credit requirements, is the money refundable?
- Can I still earn College Credit even if I haven't graduated from high school yet?
- Who do I contact if I have more questions about College Credit?
- Will these UTT College Credit hours transfer to my school?
- How much extra work is required for UTT College Credit?
- What are the deadlines for the UTT College Credit program?
- How can I be sure that my school meets the standards for UTT College Credit?
- What determines my grade for UTT College Credit?
- How do I transfer my UTT College Credit to the institution that I will be attending?
- 1. If I can't complete the College Credit requirements, is the money refundable?
No. Once your registration is complete, we cannot refund your tuition if for some reason you are unable to complete all of the requirements or fail to get the grade you were looking for.
- 2. Can I still earn College Credit even if I haven't graduated from high school yet?
You can still obtain college credit while in high school or while enrolled at another college or university. If you aren't sure of where you would like to send your transcript it will be held until you make a request. Just mark "unsure” on the application and leave the school address blank.
- 3. Who do I contact if I have more questions about College Credit?
Call Summit Ministries at 866.786.6483 and ask for the College Credit Director. You can also email your questions to email@example.com.
- 4. Will these UTT College Credit hours transfer to my school?
Since Bryan College is accredited, its courses can be transferred to other accredited colleges and universities. Students have had their Bryan College transcript sent to the following institutions (not exhaustive): Texas A&M, Wheaton College (IL), St. Olaf College (MN), Biola University (CA), Grove City College (PA), Taylor University (IN), Southeastern Bible College (AL), University of Central Florida, Calvin College (MI), Vanderbilt University (TN), Missouri State University, Iowa State University, Liberty University (VA), Texas Tech University, Kings College (TN), and Grand Valley State College (MI).
Note: Each institution is the sole determiner of credit acceptance; it is therefore recommended that you check with the Registrar of your chosen college before you apply for credit.
- 5. How much extra work is required for UTT College Credit?
An Application and non-refundable tuition must be mailed to Summit Ministries before the June 01 deadline.
The school only needs to provide an instructor/proctor for the class. This person will need to grade the student's 10 Unit Tests and the Final Exam and submit copies of these materials and the Coursework Form Form before the May 01 deadline.
- 6. What are the deadlines for the UTT College Credit program?
An envelope containing the Student Application and non-refundable tution must be postmarked by May 01. A packet containing the Coursework Form and copies of the Unit Tests and Final Exam must be postmarked by June 01. Send to:
UTT College Credit
PO Box 207
Manitou Springs, CO 80829
- 7. How can I be sure that my school meets the standards for UTT College Credit?
The four major requirements that students must meet in order to be eligible for college credit are:
- The student must be using the 4th edition of the Understanding the Times curriculum.
- The student must complete the chosen syllabus (either the 180-day for 3 credits or the 90-day for 2 credits), and pass with a grade of at least a C average.
- The student must submit a Student Application and their non-refundable tutiont to Summit Ministries by May 01.
- The student must submit copies of his/her ten Unit Tests and his/her Final Exam along with a Coursework Form with the teacher's signature and grade summary to Summit Ministries, by June 01.
- 8. What determines my grade for UTT College Credit?
The grade that each student receives on their official transcript from Bryan College is determined solely by his or her combined grade received on their ten Unit Tests and Final Exam.
- 9. How do I transfer my UTT College Credit to the institution that I will be attending?
To request official transcripts, please visit www.bryan.edu/transcript. If you need additional information about transcripts, contact Bryan’s Registrar’s office at 423.775.7236.